You can use Group Policy to distribute computer programs by using the following methods:
Windows Server 2003 Group Policy automated-program installation requires client computers that are running Microsoft Windows 2000 or a later version.
To publish or assign a computer program, create a distribution point on the publishing server by following these steps:
setup.exe /a) to copy the files to the distribution point.
To create a Group Policy Object (GPO) to use to distribute the software package, follow these steps:
To assign a program to computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP Professional, or to users who are logging on to one of these workstations, follow these steps:
\\<file server>\<share>\<file name>.msi. ImportantDon’t use the Browse button to access the location. Make sure that you use the UNC path of the shared installer package.
To publish a package to computer users and make it available for installation from the Add or Remove Programs list in Control Panel, follow these steps:
\\file server\share\file name.msi. ImportantDon’t use the Browse button to access the location. Make sure that you use the UNC path of the shared installer package.
In some cases, you may want to redeploy a software package (for example, if you upgrade or change the package). To redeploy a package, follow these steps:
To remove a published or assigned package, follow these steps:
Published packages are displayed on a client computer after you use a Group Policy to remove them.
This situation can occur when a user has installed the program but hasn’t used it. When the user first starts the published program, the installation is finished. Group Policy then removes the program.
n your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
Select Screen Recording.
Select the checkbox next to an app to allow it to record your screen.
1) Browse the integrations page in Monitask admin dashboard: https://app.monitask.com/integrations and click Add ClickUp integration
2) Log in to Monitask account and agree to the permissions
3) On the opened page click Connect to QuickBooks
4) If you are not logged in the QuickBooks you will be redirected to the login page
5) Select QuickBooks company you would like to connect to Monitask and click Connect
6) Map QuickBooks customers to projects in Monitask and click Next
7) Optionally, Map QuickBooks services to projects in Monitask and click Next
8) Optionally, Map QuickBooks employees to users in Monitask and click Next
9) Map QuickBooks vendors to users in Monitask and click Next
10) If needed, import time entries of selected users to QuickBooks and click Submit. Wait for a little while all time entries are transferred
Congratulations, your QuickBooks integration with Monitask is ready!
Now, you can browse QuickBooks -> Reports -> Time Activities by Employee Detail and view time entries imported from Monitask as time activities for configured vendors and customers
1) Browse the integrations page in Monitask admin dashboard: https://app.monitask.com/integrations and click “Add ClickUp integration”
2) Log in to Monitask account and agree to the permissions
3) On the opened page click “Add integration”
4) If you are not logged in the ClickUp you will be redirected to the login page
5) Select ClickUp workspaces you would like to connect to Monitask
6) Map ClickUp lists to projects in Monitask and click Next
7) Map ClickUp users to users in Monitask and click Next
8) Review your settings and submit integration configuration. Wait a little while all tasks are transferred.
Congratulations, your Clickup integration with Monitask is ready!
Now, you can browse https://app.monitask.com/notes/list tasks page and see tasks imported from ClickUp to selected Monitask projects
Your users in Monitask must be assigned to the corresponding projects so that they can see the integrated tasks assigned to them. You can view assignees in Monitask on the projects page https://app.monitask.com/project by clicking ‘Edit’ on a particular project.
We will transfer all created tasks and subtasks from click-up to Monitask, as if they are assigned to a user, they will be assigned to the corresponding user in Monitask.
1) Browse ClickUp list and click Add new task
2) Specify task details
(Assignee should be a one of users selected during integration configuration)
Then click Create task:
3) Browse tasks page https://app.monitask.com/notes/list in Monitask and check that task is synchronized to selected Project
4) Now assigned to that task person should be able to see it in the desktop application:
5) That person should be able to see task details using desktop application interface
On Windows and Linux:
User can see ClickUp icon in the task list control and click on the ‘Details’ button to view task details
Mac user can view task details by clicking on the ‘View’ button
There he will be able to see that task source is ClickUp and task description
When user starts time tracking in the Monitask desktop application, we sync time to ClickUp after the first minute and then every 10 minutes. Also, time is synced each time user stops tracking (Clicks on the Pause button)
Notes: No changes to the tasks in the Monitask will be transferred to the ClickUp
To start time tracking select a ClickUp task in the desktop application (it should be highlighted with light blue) and click on the ‘Start tracking’ button
When you are done click on the ‘Stop tracking’ button and see time synchronized to ClickUp
Task descriptions can be added on the tasks page. Depending on the company settings, employees may have access to add their own tasks or only managers and admins can add tasks via the web interface.
Task descriptions can be filled out manually or automatically pulled from your favorite tools via our integrations. Integrations can be added by company administrators only at this time.
Direct link to the presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vRmcY1UMCb0-FQsXLG1PzSr9_30VOYFMBTJioWYoKuhNtjvGm8zzof_MwZJsgzMRYitKYqhVm3ZDLG0/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000
Important: Before attempting to access Monitask API, please request API access via [email protected] with the subject “API Access.” API access must be requested by company administrators and can be assigned to any user within the organization.
Steps to get started with Monitask API:
2. You will see a popup where you’ll need to specify basic details for your app:
3. Then click on the Add app button and it will be displayed in the list of apps. Click on the edit button:
4. You’ll find the client id and secret for your app on this page. Also you’ll need to add scopes
For example, add the following list of scopes:
5. Then, click on “get secret”. You’ll get a popup with the client secret which you should save in a safe place:
Then, you can build an oauth URL with the following structure:
6. When you open it you will see a permission page for your app:
7. When you click on the “Yes, allow” you are redirected to the specified redirect_url with oauth code:
You can make an http request to the https://www.monitask.com/identity/connect/token with the following data:
Basic Auth. Username is your client_id, Password is your client_secret
Body is form-urlencoded with grant_type=authorization_code, redirect_uri is your redirect_uri and code is the code you obtained in oauth dance
You will receive a token as response:
You can now use this token with our external api:
Since access token expires after 1 hour, you need to refresh it using the refresh token. To do so, you can use the refresh_token you obtained in the previous “token” request:
You’ll need to make a request to https://www.monitask.com/identity/connect/token
With the same basic auth but with the following body:
Redirect_uri is your redirect uri
Refresh_token is refresh token you received before
If you are a company administrator and want to allow one employee (manager/team leader) to view screenshots and reports of other employees, you can do this on the Team Management page: https://www.monitask.com/teammanagement
Let’s take a look at the example below.
We want to allow employee with the name “Team Manager” to view screenshots of both “Employee 1” and “Employee 2”
To do this, the administrator should navigate the team management page https://www.monitask.com/teammanagement and create a new team by clicking on the “Add Team” button:
Now we should add users to this team -> click “Edit” button on navigate the bellow page:
Managers can view screenshots and time information of assigned employees. To add a manager click on the “Add managers” button and you will see the following pop-up:
Then add employees using the same algorithm but clicking on the Add Employees button:
Finally, our team looks like this:
Now, the “Team Manager” can view screenshots and reports of assigned users
In order to see time spent on each task make sure to navigate to the “Reports” tab and then click on the “Tasks” sub menu.
On this page you will get a detailed breakdown of the following:
Project, Task, Assignee, Date Created, Date Updated, Time Spent, and Activity Percentage per task.
You can also refer to the following report (Administrators and managers only)
One of the main features that differentiate us from our competitors is the ability to automatically deduct the idle time from the total amount of hours worked so the employees get paid only for the time that was actually worked rather than sitting in front of the computer completely idle.