Why Employee Productivity Tracking is Important
Whether you are running a large organization or a small startup, knowing what everyone is working on will make the communication across teams more comfortable and productive. The main goal of employee productivity tracking is to help teams work towards a highly efficient and productive environment, and when there is a mutual understanding of workload, you improve the likelihood of this result.
This information is also helpful for employee reviews. When the productivity level is high, an employee may receive a reward for meeting the set goals, keeping up the good work, and staying motivated. On the other hand, if reports show a drop in productivity, it can pinpoint areas where coaching is needed.
How Can a Company Benefit from Employee Tracking?
Employee tracking isn’t a new practice, and the primary purpose of it is increasing productivity and boosting the company’s performance.
Here are some key issues that employee tracking software can solve:
- Proper budget allocation
- Accurate project and team management
- Productivity measurements and reporting
- Transparency and accountability
Ways to Integrate Employee Productivity Monitoring in Business Processes
There are many productivity monitoring products that will give you comprehensive data and help you boost your business.
Real-time monitoring gives managers a clear understanding of how employees are spending their work hours, when they log in, and ultimately, how much time is used productively. Employee monitoring tools can also help track overall attendance and overtime.
To efficiently integrate employee or team productivity monitoring into your business process, you will first need to divide your company into teams, projects, or individuals. Then, monitor their activity levels separately to increase engagement. For example, scrolling through social media feeds or watching films decreases the activity level of employees, and this is the type of behavior the time tracker can reduce. The app and internet tracker detects the reasons for the drop in activity and productivity, minimizes the risk of downloading or using malware, improves the communication inside the company and, of course, increases overall productivity.
Monitask, a simple time tracking platform, will help increase your business revenue and achieve the desired level of productivity. With straightforward project and task management, employee productivity monitoring, and in-depth reports, your processes will improve in no time.
What productivity reports are available in Monitask?
Monitask provides multiple analytical reports that offer valuable insights into your employees’ productivity.
Each report features useful filters like date ranges, productivity classification, users, and other criteria. Using these filters, you can discover work patterns and perform comparison analysis more quickly and effectively.
The reports you get include the following:
- Discover Unbalanced Work Time Patterns
Gain clear visibility into work durations and patterns for both in-office and remote employees. You can track first and last activities and productive and unproductive hours.
Compare inactive time and work time by groups or individuals to discover productivity gaps. Identify overworked and underworked employees.
- Monitor Employee Productivity
Measure the quality and quantity of your company’s work behavior and use this data to update your operational baseline. Compare total time and resources spent on each productive/unproductive activity.
Uncover improper workflow by highlighting recurring inactive time period. You can track hours and activities logged for remote workers. In addition, using the Monitask employee productivity tracker, you can weigh the effectiveness and productivity of new operational procedures.
- View A Productivity Summary
Aggregate website and app data category-wise to identify frequent activities. Using these insights, you can understand if any employee or group is spending more time emailing or messaging than high-value activities.
Use these productivity reports to see all sites and apps accessed over a particular time period.
- Gamify the Productivity of your Team
Understand how your employees utilize their time. Sort productivity reports by criteria like productive time, unproductive time, undefined activity, passive time, users, total usage, etc.
Use data charts to identify the best performers and tweak your procedures accordingly. Create groups and encourage competition among individuals and teams.
How can reports in Monitask be useful in calculating productivity?
Monitask employee productivity tracker features a dashboard that showcases a quick overview of team productivity. You can track and measure real-time productivity metrics across groups and individuals throughout the day, weeks, months, or even years.
The tool helps calculate the productivity in the following ways:
You can monitor user activities in real-time.
Using the Monitask productivity monitor, you can view activities performed by your team members in real-time.
It enables you to view their availability status multiple times a day to ensure that employees are available throughout working hours. You can customize details, such as username, URL, application, and duration of use.
You can integrate with project management systems.
Monitask allows you to integrate with popular project management systems for greater control and workflow management
You can configure automated reactions such as screenshot captures, email notifications and send notifications to Jira, Asana, Basecamp, ClickUp etc.
You Can Track Productivity with Screenshots
The tool provides visual proof of the past and/or present history of user activities with high-resolution screenshots. You can protect valuable data with the help of screenshot redaction.
Using this employee productivity tracker, you can flag screen content to catch compliance vulnerabilities.
With all these insights, you can calculate your team or an individual employee as desired.
How productivity measurement and reporting will affect your team?
Monitask productivity reporting tool provides all metrics required to improve your process for better efficiency. Using these insights, the tool helps:
- Conduct Efficient Operations
By measuring productivity, you can assess business efficiency in terms of allocated resources and achieved outcomes.
You can analyze if you have enough and effective resources to achieve your desired goals. Based on that, you can devise improved strategies and ensure smooth business operations.
- Proper Resource and Time Allocation
With productivity reporting, you get clear visibility into allocated labor, time taken to accomplish a task or project, and overall team performance.
This helps streamline all your available resources and allocate time in a way that makes your team more productive. As a result, you can yield desired business outcomes faster.
- Improves Organizational Decision-Making
With Monitask’s functional productivity reporting tool, you get better information availability. This further reduces uncertainties and helps with informed decision-making using reliable data.
- Proactive Problem Solving
A reliable productivity reporting tool, you can identify potential problems early and take preventive measures proactively. The Monitask tool is specifically designed to help organizations achieve maximum effectiveness before a crisis arrives.
Using this tool, organizations can explore alternatives and analyze possible outcomes before making final decisions or commitments.
If your team or organization wants to enjoy all of these benefits, opt for Monitask’s productivity tracker today. This feature-rich tool is sure to improve your processes, resulting in better workflow and increased productivity.
10 Best Productivity Software
Productivity software allows businesses to track and manage their remote team with ease. Mentioned below are the ten best productivity software that can help you monitor your employee’s productivity:
Monitask is a productivity software designed to manage remote teams more efficiently. With monistask, companies can track their employees’ productivity and boost the overall accountability of the team. This tool has an activity log that gives you access to timesheet summaries and helps you analyze your team productivity.
In addition, it comes with project management features, a live centralized dashboard, and screenshots taken during business hours. Subscription to Monitask is every month, and pricing depends on the number of users.
Start working smart by utilizing Monitask to help you become your project manager. This productivity software allows you to access all vital data about your team members’ projects in one place.
- It helps team members manage productivity and improve performance without compromising their managers’ trust.
- The dashboard is mobile-friendly, and UI is user-friendly and easy to understand
- Improves project tracking and time management
- The pricing is simple and affordable
- Customer support is available via email, phone, and other online means.
- Compatible with Linux, macOS, Windows, and other operating systems (OS).
- It works well with all of the most popular work management tools
- Excellent analytical tool that allows business managers to make the right decisions about bonuses
- Easy to add a team to the system
- It offers a free 10-day trial period
- It may take time for users to master the system’s many features initially.
- A mobile app is not available for employees.
Click here to start a free ten-day trial with Monitask.
Timely comes with easy-to-use tools that allow business owners to manage their team, anytime, anywhere. This software gives you control over every detail without compromising the privacy of your business and data.
Timely securely stores clients’ details, sales, emails, bookings, and other details. It also provides automated email reminders and SMS. With its intuitive control, elegant design, and data privacy protection, Timely is a productivity software that your team members will enjoy using.
- Compatible with third-party applications like Xero, MailChimp, PayPal, and many others
- Excellent customer support service
- Free 14 days trial, no credit card required
- Shows a complete overview of team performance and time
- It’s sometimes a bit challenging to find old events
- This tool is not suitable for managing employees under different time zones
- It’s a bit expensive
- The mobile version lack upgrade and functionality
This time clock app comes with essential time tracking functions, which is a good fit for users who don’t want advanced features. This tool enables your team members to switch between their tasks quickly and allows you to manage projects and tasks by color-coding them. It means you apply a particular color for a project or task to help you differentiate them with ease.
Hours productivity tool is available in the mobile app, and it can allow you to effect changes in your recorded timestamps at any point in time.
- This tool works well with Apple Watch
- It has remainders which start time tracking timers
- It’s available in the mobile version
- Hours is designed mainly as a work time tracker tool and has no additional productivity tracker.
- It has no Mac or Windows version.
TimeCamp is a time tracking solution that automatically tracks time and allows users to add the entries to timesheets based on their preference manually. In addition, it comes with features that organize time management processes and automate employees’ presence and absence.
TimeCamp is compatible with accounting, sales, collaboration CRM, marketing, and other project management tools.
- It has advanced time tracking features that let users utilize rules and keywords to track time automatically.
- It automatically enables users to generate invoices by tracking billable and non-billable project hours.
- It features a real-time dashboard that helps give accurate visibility over project information.
- It can easily be integrated with various apps like Evernote, WordPress, and Quickbooks, simplifying workflow and boosting productivity.
- The software is flexible and easy to use
- It’s available as a mobile app
- The interface could sometimes be clumsy and slow.
- It can be challenging to log time sometimes.
- It is time-consuming to set up automatic time tracking.
- It does not capture details sometimes.
Time Doctor is a cloud-based management and time tracking tool companies utilize to monitor employee productivity. It features web activity monitoring, time tracking, reporting, and payroll management.
Time Doctor allows managers to enter the time employees spend on each project and calculate their billable and non-billable hours worked. It can also help the team manager track the time spent on calls, meetings, chats, and other activities.
The tool offers multilingual customer support via live chat, phone, email, and online helpdesk.
- It features a reliable payroll function that enables managers to record employee working hours and generate weekly and monthly payrolls.
- The mobile app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
- It integrates well with various project management and accounting software, including Slack, Salesforce, JIRA, and Basecamp.
- Time Doctor does not generate night differential hours taken by team members.
- Syncing of time may be wrong when switching between various computers. This can lead to a loss of working time.
ProofHub is a cloud-based solution for teams across multiple industries. It offers project collaboration, task management, resource management, project management, and more applications. ProofHub key features include timesheets, milestones, to-do lists, calendaring, milestones, Gantt charts, and more.
This tool also comes with a reporting engine that allows project managers to create custom reports and track their project progress and utilization of resources. Subscription to ProofHub is every month, and it includes support through the online knowledgebase, FAQs, and emails.
- ProofHub can also serve content over HTTPS with custom domain names and certificates.
- Mobile apps are also available for Android and iOS devices.
- It comes with an API feature compatible with Dropbox and Google Docs.
- It includes both one-on-one and group chat features and an editing tool that allows users to comment on designs and documents shared on the platform.
- It’s challenging to manage notifications, and this can cause distraction
- Although UI is fast, it’s a bit erratic
Everhour is a cloud-based tool for project management targeting businesses of all sizes in various industries such as advertising, marketing, consulting firms, and more. The key features include resource planning, budgeting, time tracking, reporting, invoicing, and task management.
This project management solution has a central dashboard that helps monitor budgets, track multiple projects, set alerts, share billing and non-billing hours for different employees. Services are provided with a yearly subscription that includes an online knowledge base and email support.
- It helps businesses manage project costs and provide mobile apps for Android and iOS devices.
- It integrates well with many third-party project management, time tracking, and accounting apps such as QuickBooks, Slack, Asana, Basecamp, Trello, and more.
- No direct integration with Data Studio.
- No option to import hours from old tool into Everhour
- No feature to email reports to clients.
TrackingTime is a time tracking tool suitable for all types of workgroups. The tool allows managers to track the progress of their projects and distinguish between billing and non-billing hours. It also helps managers streamline and assign tasks to team members and manage their access with user permissions.
Furthermore, with TrackingTime, online timesheets can be created for any business process and exported into professional reports to share with clients. So whether you work from any device or directly to your favorite project management apps and over 30 online services, it will track the time effectively.
- It’s easy to track and adjust time per task.
- The interface is relatively simple and easy to use
- It’s sometimes a bit difficult to reopen archived projects
- It does not work offline
- It may be a challenge for beginners to use
- It is difficult to edit the dates of tasks
Whether companies are creating a new team or looking for a better way to lead employees, Hubstaff has everything needed to run teams with confidence. . Hubstaff allows team leaders to view detailed reports, send customer invoices, and even pay employees directly on their working hours and customizable pay rates.
This tool seamlessly fits various businesses with over several application integrations such as Trello, Basecamp, Asana, PayPal, and Github. That way, employees can work without any distraction or interference in their daily operations.
- Hubstaff has reliable productivity tracking features for remote workers, making it easy to schedule shifts for employees.
- It’s compatible with desktop, web, Android, and iOS apps.
- It can track employees’ time with an in-depth schedule.
- It does not feature advanced tracking.
- It’s a bit pricey
- It may freeze after updates.
- It lacks customization with specific functionalities.
ActivTrak is an effective tool for boosting team productivity. This productivity management software empowers employees, optimizes processes, and maximizes productivity.
ActivTrak is an affordable and intuitive employee monitoring tool that suits small and medium businesses (SMEs), especially in the current remote work climate.
It Focuses on employee time monitoring and productivity simplifies and transforms many of the complexities of employee monitoring under the banner of keeping groups, projects, and employees on track.
- ActivTrak has an intuitive and quick user interface.
- It can help determine the leading websites and apps used.
- It allows tracking of productivity on a per-project level.
- Dashboard widgets are not customizable
- Absence of keystroke logging
When your team is productive, they are more focused and waste little or no time on trivial tasks. With productivity software, your employees will find their work and other business-related tasks easy and much more efficient to complete.
Furthermore, the right productivity software can enable your team to reach their deadline and accomplish their goals.
With this review of the ten best productivity software, you should now be able to find the best productivity software solution that best suits your business needs. Utilizing the right tools boost your team’s productivity and overall profits.
Finally, It’s highly recommended to get a free trial before you finally pay for productivity software services to explore its features and see how it suits your needs.
Click here to start a free ten days trial with Monitask.