What Software Do Freelancers Use to Track Time?
Many freelancers track time manually. Unfortunately, this is time-consuming and can often result in overbilling the client. By using automated time tracking software like Monitask, freelancers provide clients with peace of mind and proof of work.
Plus, if you’re a freelancer, it makes your job easier! Here’s how
- Less time wasted on itemized lists. Itemized lists can be a hassle to put together. No longer do you have to when you track time with Monitask. If you choose to, it is much easier based on screenshot analysis.
- No more manual time tracking. Manual time tracking is difficult, especially if you work on something between other projects. Monitask tracks those fragmented hours for you so you don’t have to.
- Fewer questions from the client. With proof of work, including screenshots, your clients can no longer question your work hours.
How Does Time Tracking for Freelancers Work?
When freelancers use Monitask, they unlock a number of helpful features that empower them to better serve their clients’ billing requests. Here’s how it works:
- 1.The freelancer signs up for Monitask and installs it.
- 2.When working, the freelancer starts tracking hours.
- 3.Screenshots and web activity is logged for the duration of the freelancer’s working hours.
- 4.Information is uploaded to the real-time live dashboard, where reporting features are also accessible
By putting the power in the hands of both the client and the freelancer, both parties are able to save time, money, and are less likely to have concerns regarding the amount of time spent on projects.
Tracking Projects and Earnings
Tracking projects and earnings per project can be difficult if you’re trying to do it manually. Time tracking via Monitask allows freelancers to track projects, clients, and earnings per project.
This type of information is helpful for freelancers and saves a lot of time.
Freelancers That Can Benefit From Time Tracking
Many types of freelancers can benefit from time tracking software, including, but not limited to:
- Writers and editors. Whether you are a proofreader, a columnist, a copywriter, or a ghostwriter, time tracking shows your clients the creative process while properly billing them.
- Graphic designers. Screenshots can show clients the creative process as you work on your designs.
- Marketing specialists. Work on marketing strategies and campaigns that you can track on a per-project basis.
- Developers. Use time tracking to log and organize your hours no matter how many clients you have.
If you’re a freelancer or a client of freelancers, get started with Monitask today.