What is Remote Employee Monitoring?
Remote employee monitoring is a set of activities performed by the employer to improve company transparency, security, and engagement.
Over the last five years, the remote workforce has increased by 44%, and we expect it to grow by at least 150% in the next decade. This trend of remote hiring comes with a unique set of challenges, but one, in particular, stands out: Without proper processes and tools, it is harder to keep companies profitable and productive.
According to Buffer, most remote employees prefer to work from home, and naturally, this can affect motivation and performance.
Monitask comes with a set of tools to help businesses solve this fundamental problem:
- Screenshot monitoring – Automatically capture screenshots at random intervals.
- Live dashboard – See which employees are online and what they are working on.
- Automatic time tracking – Eliminate the need for manual timesheets with automatically calculated hours. Automated time tracking is as easy as a click to start a shift and another click to end it.
- Activity monitoring and productivity monitoring – Check activity levels to identify team members with poor productivity.
- Internet monitoring – Check that only work-related websites are visited. Reduce social media browsing and unproductive web surfing.
- App monitoring – Review apps used by each team member and the time spent in each app.
- Project management – Assign tasks and projects to each remote worker and work monitoring.
- Idle time removal – Remove unproductive time automatically.
- Compatible with most operating systems – Works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) & Remote Employee Monitoring
Working from home, or better put, the remote style of working was already beginning to gain momentum, even before the outbreak of the global pandemic that ravaged the whole world. The impact of the Coronavirus now solidified it and made the global workforce adapt to this new method of remotely working from home. Before the pandemic, the business was already shifting their mode of operations towards flexibility in the workplace by encouraging teleworking and remotely working from home.
This new method of remotely working from home has its benefits, however, it also has its shortcomings. Teleworking brings alongside new phases of challenges that had never existed as at the time people had to work directly and physically from their office.
Therefore, in order to overcome these challenges, quite a number of businesses have opted for Monitask as the best employee monitoring software for monitoring remote workers. Monitask Monitoring Software helps in cutting the excesses that come alongside remotely working from home. Some functions of this Employee Monitoring Software includes;
Remote Employee Time Tracking: It keeps a record of a time when home employees started work and when they ended. It also monitors the work hours of remote employees and ensures they work their full shift.
Remote Employee Productivity Tracking: Monitask ensures that remote employees are constantly kept on their toes. Remote employees are less likely to lose focus, get distracted, or make unfounded excuses for deadlines. This is because they know they are being monitored by employee monitoring software.
Apps and web monitoring: Monitask Employee Monitoring Software helps in ensuring the safety of sensitive data, especially when it is to be accessed outside the safe website. The employee monitoring software monitors if such sensitive data is being sent by email, uploaded to cloud storage, or copied to an external USB storage.